Sunny Sky Products is the leading manufacturer and distributor of specialty beverage concentrates and beverage enhancers. Our premium beverage products reach an array of customers including convenience stores, restaurants, concessions, and institutional facilities. Sunny Sky Products has 3 state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities located in Houston, TX, Tinley Park, IL, and Douglasville, PA where we produce a variety of thirst appealing beverages. These beverages include fountain soft drinks, fountain flavors, tea, tea sweeteners, frozen beverages, juices, Hispanic beverages, cappuccino powders and coffee toppings, flavoring syrups and creamers.
The Demand Planning Manager owns the end-to-end demand and supply planning processes. This includes collecting data from both internal and external sources, completing various statistical analyses, and modeling the data to provide guidance on future demand and potential smoothing requirements. This position will also be responsible for managing manufacturing capacity model(s) and communicating the capabilities for existing and new business opportunities.
- Manage and maintain dynamic manufacturing capacity model(s) and provide feedback on unexpected constraints, excess capacity and where additional attention is needed.
- Work in collaboration with internal sales team and customers to ensure all incoming information is complete and accurate to maintain the overall integrity of the required demand.
- Update forecasts for new products, seasonal products, discounts, promotions.
- Collaborate with management, inventory, supply chain and sales teams to execute the demand planning functions.
- Investigate areas of the demand planning forecast that were not accurate including potential challenges with incoming customer forecasts.
- Propose and implement solutions to improve demand forecast accuracy.
- Monitor and report on important changes in sales forecasts, budgets, and business strategies.
- Develop routine and ad-hoc demand related reports for management.
- And other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Statistics or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a planning/forecasting role in a dynamic seasonal business.
- Solid understanding of inventory management practices and procedures.
- Extensive experience building models and utilizing advanced forecasting tools in excel, Powder BI etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This position will have direct supervisory responsibilities and over sight for production analyst(s).
This job generally operates in a professional office environment but may involve time spent in our manufacturing plants as projects dictate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. or as agreed upon. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Less than 10% travel is expected for this position.
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Cafeteria Plans, 401K and Vacation.