Sunny Sky Products is the leading manufacturer and distributor of specialty beverage concentrates and beverage enhancers. Our premium beverage products reach an array of retail customers including convenience stores, restaurants, concessions, schools, and institutional facilities. Sunny Sky’s state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities are located in Houston, TX, and Tinley Park, IL where we produce a variety of thirst appealing beverages. These beverages include fountain soft drinks, fountain flavors, tea, tea sweeteners, frozen beverages, juices, Hispanic beverages and coffee toppings and flavoring syrups.
This position is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with the Human Resources Manager in Houston, TX to and the leadership team in Tinley Park to reach organizational goals. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
- Administers company benefit plans to all Tinley Park employees. Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions.
- Conducts all new employee orientations to ensure employees gain an understanding of benefit plans and enrollment provisions, core principles, policies, etc. Counsels employees (and potential employees/applicants) on plan provisions so that individuals can make informed benefit decisions. This includes all levels of employees including managers and supervisors.
- Assists in annual open enrollment period and new hire eligibility. Arranges for distribution of materials from carriers, assists with, communicating changes to employees and arranges for on-site representation by providers. Conducts employee presentations. Processes changes within deadlines. Makes necessary changes in systems for reporting purposes.
- Works with corporate to resolve discrepancies with carriers, and payroll matters. Completes reports for management as requested.
- Strives to ensure employee understanding of benefit programs by, regularly generating communication and counseling employees/dependents as situations arise. Resolves employee complaints related to health and welfare plans, refers difficult or very complex complaints to the Human Resources Manager as needed.
- Acts as a resource for Plant Payroll/HR, Workers Comp contact to ensure understanding and compliance with benefit and HR policies, state specific laws and regulations. Keeps management advised of potential problem areas and recommends/implements solutions as appropriate and recommended by the Human Resources Manager.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students and temporary employees; conducts interview and helps write and places advertisements as needed.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Works directly with the Human Resources Manager in Houston regarding all HR/employee related matters.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ experience administering employee benefit plans in the health and welfare areas, employee relations and recruitment, or equivalent.
- Experience administering 401 (k) retirement programs.
- Must have computer skills and the ability to learn HRIS system.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Superior verbal/written skills and presentation skills.
- Possess a high level of attention to detail is a must.
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of insurance regulations, plan designs and third party record keeping/administration required.
- Familiarity with COBRA, ERISA, FMLA and related state and federal regulations required.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for employees, managers and supervisors.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m or as agreed upon. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Little to no travel is expected for this position.
Commensurate with experience
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Cafeteria Plans, 401K, Vacation, and more