Sunny Sky Products is the leading manufacturer and distributor of specialty beverage concentrates and beverage enhancers. Our premium beverage products reach an array of retail customers including convenience stores, restaurants, concessions, schools, and institutional facilities. Sunny Sky’s state-of-the-art manufacturing facility and corporate office is located in Houston, TX, where we produce a variety of thirst appealing beverages. These beverages include fountain soft drinks, fountain flavors, tea, tea sweeteners, frozen beverages, juices, Hispanic beverages and coffee toppings and flavoring syrups.
Under the direction of the Plant Manager the Night Shift Production Supervisor will work closely with the Quality Supervisor, Production Scheduler and Maintenance Team to ensure the manufacturing operation runs safe, efficient and on time while maintaining premium quality standards.
- Assist the plant manager with reducing manufacturing costs through use of process, equipment and staff improvements
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment in the production areas of the plant.
- Coach department staff and assist with their professional development
- Promote development of production employees throughout the plant
- Assist with ensuring that all new hires are properly and adequality trained to perform their job responsibilities at the highest level
- Help to control inventory losses and participate in month end inventory counts
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but will consider relative work experience
- 5+ years’ supervisory experience
- 5+ years’ experience in manufacturing
- Excellent communication and coaching skills
- Strong commitment to food safety
- Steady level of attention to detail and commitment to follow through assignments
- Must be a dedicated, hands on supervisor
- Experience with Microsoft office suite; excel, word, outlook, PowerPoint
This position has extensive supervisory responsibilities including supervisor/lead positions, blenders, batchers, operators and general laborers.
This job operates in a fast-paced manufacturing facility. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is near moving mechanical parts and in high precarious places and is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands, walk, sit, stand, crouch, reach with hands and arms or kneel. Employee must occasionally life and/or move up to 30-50 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Saturday, 2:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. or as agreed upon. Working Saturday’s and flexibility is required for this position as job duties demand.
Little to no travel is expected for this position.
Commensurate with experience.
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Cafeteria Plans, 401K, Vacation, and more.