Sunny Sky Products is the leading manufacturer and distributor of specialty beverage concentrates and beverage enhancers. Our premium beverage products reach an array of retail customers including convenience stores, restaurants, concessions, schools, and institutional facilities. Sunny Sky’s state-of-the-art manufacturing facility and corporate office is located in Houston, TX, where we produce a variety of thirst appealing beverages. These beverages include fountain soft drinks, fountain flavors, tea, tea sweeteners, frozen beverages, juices, Hispanic beverages and coffee toppings and flavoring syrups.
The Company is seeking an organized, deadline oriented, self-starter to work in a fast-paced environment. An ideal candidate must possess excellent attention to detail; be able to read, write, understand, and speak English; and be able to handle raw ingredients. This position will be actively involved in the Company Food Safety and Quality program, production, some receiving, and the long term and short term goals of the facility. Ability to work as part of a team is essential. This position performs daily inspections of production equipment and product to ensure the highest standards are being met and maintained. Follows established procedures to correct deficiencies identified to meet food safety/quality standards.
Major Job Functions
- Follows appropriate quality testing procedures and take action to meet product specification (ie: product testing, label review, in process testing).
- Monitors the facility during operations to assure sanitation conditions are maintained.
- Monitor the facility during operations to assure the quality programs are being maintained (ie: Good Manufacturing Practices, Food Safety and Food Quality).
- Perform pre-operational inspection on equipment daily to ensure sanitation was completed properly. Follows established procedures to take corrective action if deficiencies are observed to ensure equipment meets quality standards.
- Audit process control points to ensure all system controls have been achieved. Follows established procedures to correct deficiencies are observed to ensure equipment meets quality standards.
- Ensures all audits / test results / inspections are documented on the appropriate forms daily.
- Ensure work space is kept clean and organized at all times.
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent educational documentation (GED) required
- 1-3 year experience of working in food or beverage industry preferred
- 4-year degree or a minimum of 3 years experience in the food industry in a Quality Assurance Position or lab a plus
- HACCP training preferred
- Must have the ability to use a computer and strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software for department reporting and record keeping.
- Obtain effective communication skills as the technician interacts with peers and upper management
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus but not required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- This role requires extended periods of standing
- At times the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 lbs.
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Cafeteria Plans, 401K, Vacation, and more
Company Information is available on our website at www.sunnyskyproducts.com