The Route Sales Representative/Driver serves as the primary interface with our customers. This position will be responsible for building relationships which includes providing excellent customer service, delivering product, resolving customer issues/concerns and filling out proper paperwork. This position will be responsible for coordinating with Operations for product, equipment, parts needed and keeping adequate inventory of product and parts for market area.
Major Job Functions
- Performance of physical tasks and use of company vehicles to deliver product to multiple, scheduled customers within a defined area.
- Deliver products in a safe and timely manner to customer locations.
- Load and unload required product onto trucks or dock location by hand or by use of mechanical devices.
- Maintain accurate inventory of product on company truck.
- Determine optimum truck load configuration, taking into consideration such factors as weight, dimensions, center of gravity, and sequence of delivery.
- Troubleshoot and conduct basic preventative maintenance/equipment service by making minor adjustments and repairs when delivering product.
- Record all repairs and equipment removal and installs on proper paperwork.
- Remove equipment with more complicated service issues and replace with working equipment.
- High school diploma, or equivalent
- Previous delivery and customer service experience is ideal
- Clean MVR, MVR’s are checked every 6 months
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to pass random drug test
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work independently as well as a team player; ability to make good business decisions independently.
- Ability to lift/carry or push/pull a minimum of 30 lbs up to 125 lbs and the ability to work in warm and cold environments
- Willing to travel out of defined area and work overtime as business demands
- Bilingual is required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, drive; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, lift and drive. The employee must regularly lift/carry, push/pull up to 125 lbs.
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Cafeteria Plans, 401K, Vacation, and more