About Sunny Sky Products: A Fast-Growing, Entrepreneurial, Dispensed Beverage Company
Sunny Sky Products is a leading manufacturer and distributor of dispensed beverages and beverage enhancers that are sold in the foodservice and convenience store channels. Sunny Sky’s state-of-the-art manufacturing facility, research and development and corporate office are located in Houston, TX. We produce a variety of beverages including fountain soft drinks, fountain flavors, tea, frozen beverages, hot chocolates, iced/frozen coffees, cappuccinos, coffee toppings and flavored syrups. Our portfolio includes both strong family brands and internationally recognized licensed brands.
The Senior Beverage Scientist will be joining a fast-paced research & development team responsible for cost effective beverage innovation in both liquid and powder concentrates. With limited supervision, you will lead product development projects from concept through commercialization. You will be responsible for developing and testing formulas and processes for new products, quality improvements and cost reductions. The role will be based at our corporate headquarters in Houston, TX.
- Manage multiple projects and execute deliverables on time and within guidelines.
- Design and run trials, organize tasting sessions with a cross-functional team, and draw conclusions and recommendations for next steps.
- Partner with other R&D, Quality Assurance, Food Safety and Regulatory team members to ensure a robust, legal and well-rounded product design.
- Work alongside internal purchasing team and key suppliers to identify new raw materials with a strong supply chain.
- Collaborate with the finance and operations team to develop strategies and profit through innovation, renovation and/or margin improvement.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing teams and external partners to enhance core renovation strategy and execution and develop winning taste solutions.
- Actively involved in upkeep and organization of R&D lab.
- Work within the R&D policies and procedures to accomplish the above while also focused on perpetuating and building the team first and can-do culture that has been a key building block for success.
- 3+ years of experience in food-science/product-development with Masters of Science in related field.
- 5+ years of experience in food-science/product-development with Bachelors of Science in related field.
- Ability to creatively problem-solve solutions when faced with product development challenges.
- Understanding of sensory evaluation techniques and how to apply them to the product development process.
- Demonstrated ability to propose and persuade new research direction to address company business needs.
- Ability to consider financial requirements throughout the development process.
- Self-starter that does not need to be micro-managed and is comfortable navigating ambiguity while also excelling when working in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills to efficiently correspond with senior level management.
Proficient in computer skills.
Little to no travel is expected for this position.
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Cafeteria Plans, 401K, Vacation, and more
Company Information is available on our website at www.sunnyskyproducts.com