Sunny Sky Products is the leading manufacturer and distributor of specialty beverage concentrates and beverage enhancers. Our premium beverage products reach an array of customers including convenience stores, restaurants, concessions, and institutional facilities. Sunny Sky Products has 3 state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities located in Houston, TX, Tinley Park, IL, and Douglassville, PA where we produce a variety of thirst appealing beverages. These beverages include fountain soft drinks, fountain flavors, tea, tea sweeteners, frozen beverages, juices, Hispanic beverages, cappuccino powders and coffee toppings, flavoring syrups and creamers.
Sunny Sky Products is seeking a Purchasing Manager with experience in all aspects of supply chain management. This individual oversees the day-to-day activities of our purchasing staff while working closely with them to develop our supply base. Our organization is highly transparent and collaborative so you will use your soft skills to bring people and departments together to address and solve business problems that will fuel the growth and profitability of our company. You will be responsible for organizing and overseeing all activities to achieve the vision and objectives of the department. The position encompasses the identification, acquisition, production, and distribution of the company’s goods inclusive of raw material, finished goods & MRO. This leader must maintain a broad scope of influence beyond the supply chain department to include staff within the Quality, Manufacturing, Warehousing, Finance, Marketing and Sales groups.
- Oversees the daily workflow and schedules of the department.
- Oversees the operations and activities of the Purchasing Staff members.
- Train and develop staff on new or changing processes, systems, and tools.
- Collaborates with other departments and stakeholders to identify and maintain resources needed to establish and provide an effective supply chain.
- Collaborates with third party suppliers to achieve cost, service, and delivery expectations and to resolve issues that may arise.
- Supports the efforts of staff to Conduct RFQ’s on strategic materials and negotiates and enters contracts of appropriate length to support the business.
- Works with staff to provide Finance and Sales with documentation on current raw materials markets as they relate to the cost of our product to equip them to negotiate with their clients for the best outcome for our firm (expected cost exercises).
- Create and or develop and implement tools to assist the purchasing team in making informed buying decisions to benefit the company.
- Tabulates and reports performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of factors affecting the supply chain.
- Analyzes current inventories and procedures; suggests improvements to increase efficiency of supply chain and profitability for the company.
- Develops policies to increase efficiency throughout the supply chain while ensuring quality and safety; implements subsequent changes to processes.
- Participates in an advisory with Finance, providing information and guidance on availability and cost of supplies and materials for setting future customer pricing.
- Acts as part of the team coordinating engineering changes, product line extension, or new product launches to ensure timely and orderly material and production flow transitions.
- Monitors the performance of suppliers, assessing their ability to meet quality and delivery requirements; identifies and qualifies new suppliers in collaboration with other departments.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Skilled in all aspects of the purchasing function.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and negotiation skills with a proven ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with vendors, suppliers, shippers, and customers.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Meticulous organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding of purchasing and logistics.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required; master’s degree preferred.
- Additional or ongoing professional education provided by APICs and NAPM is desired.
- Three years of experience as a supervisor, manager, or similar relevant position required.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
- Job Type: Full-time & Onsite
- Salary: Commensurate with Experience
- Normal work week is Monday to Friday
- Some Saturdays could be required.